(August 11, 2021) - Lower Providence Township, located in Eagleville, PA in Montgomery County, seeks an experienced Township Manager to lead a Second Class Township of approximately 26,650 in 15 square miles. The Township’s government provides a wide range of services to reflect a unique mix of history and progress and is widely recognized for its efforts to provide a high quality of life and participatory government for its residents. The Township operates with an approved 2021 total overall budget of approximately $15 million, $11 million general fund operating budget, with approximately 60 full time equivalent staff.
The Township Manager is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Township, appointed by a five (5) member Board of Supervisors (BOS) with staggered six (6) year terms. The Manager reports to the BOS and will be an outstanding communicator who provides reasoned and sound recommendations for the BOS’ consideration. The Manager, who embraces open government and transparency, is a highly visible position within the Township and is responsible for implementing all policies set by the BOS and the general oversight of all the Township’s day to day operations. The position will assume management responsibility, leadership, and accountability for, but not limited to administrative staff, financial management, public works, planning and zoning, solid waste and recycling services, police and fire/emergency medical services, storm water, transportation, infrastructure, parks, and recreation as well as liaise with the Sanitary Sewer Authority, Library Board, and Fire Department.
Work involves supervising, directing, and coordinating all departments and activities of the Township to ensure operations are in conformance with policy directives, rules, regulations, and the Pennsylvania Second Class Township Code as well as providing excellent municipal services. The Manager attends day and evening meetings with the BOS, various boards and commissions, governmental authorities, department heads, and other meetings as required.
The following skills and competencies are required for this position:
- A high level of successful performance in municipal management. Demonstrated and verifiable experience developing, managing, and balancing an annual operating and capital expenditure budget of similar complexity to the Township’s is required.
- A progressive record of strong, open professional administrative leadership in a similar community or organization.
- Demonstrated/verifiable experience utilizing sound and effective leadership techniques to establish goals and achieve results within financial and other resource limits, a proven record of leading with high personal integrity and ethical behavior and a record of successful labor/management issues and contract negotiations are important considerations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in public or business administration, finance, planning, or a related field is required. Master’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Political Science, or a closely related field or an Equivalent Degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of direct experience as a municipal manager or assistant manager/senior executive, with experience in planning, organizing, and directing administrative, operational services and municipal finance administration or an equivalent combination of education and qualifying experience.
- The Manager will need to drive a vehicle to Township locations during the workday and must have a valid driver’s license.
The Township Manager will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, which will be based on qualifications and disclosed if you are selected for consideration. All hires are contingent upon successful completion of a background check/verification.
Applicants should submit cover letter and resume in one document to Roseann McGrath at Roseann@rmcgrathconsulting.com no later than September 10, 2021. Lower Providence Township is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.