Re-elected supervisor Jason Sorgini and newly-elected supervisor Gary Neights were sworn in as the Lower Providence Township Board of Supervisors held its reorganization meeting January 2, 2018. Also taking oaths of office at the meeting were newly-elected auditor Jonathan Perrone and new tax collector Michael Deal.
The Board elected Supervisor Patrick Duffy to serve as chairman for the year; Sorgini was re-elected as vice chairman.
At the meeting, the Board made appointments to vacancies on various boards and committees. These included:
- Finance Committee – Joseph Busillo, Paul Chapin
- Library Board of Trustees – Lisa Bono, Earl Catagnus, Arthur Miller
- Parks and Recreation Board – Jean Akers, Joseph Clement
- Planning Commission – Susan LaPenta (re-appointment), David Akers
- Sewer Authority – Fred Walker (re-appointment), Doug Hager
- UCC Board of Appeal – Richard Firth (re-appointment)
- Vacancy Board – Gloria Corcoran (re-appointment)
Meeting agendas and minutes are posted on the Township website, lowerprovidence.org. The Board of Supervisors meets the first and third Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m. in the Township auditorium, 100 Parklane Drive, Eagleville.